I want to share that I often am told that I am “fun to talk sports” with. This isn’t a quality that I’ve always had. Writing content and publishing pieces has made my confidence as a sports conversationalist sky rocket. Watching games, downloading apps (NBA, BR, ESPN), reading through Twitter and reading other sports journalism (Boston Globe, ESPN, SI) in order to be able to accurately write articles has helped me be confident when I bring up valid points and make arguments. My confidence has mostly increased when having the courage to express my (many) unpopular opinions.
Today, on the last day of 2019, I’d like to share a few NBA topics that you can use to feel confident in your first sports conversations of the new year. That’s right, ladies, surprise the sports-know-it-alls in your family who think they know everything:
- The Eastern Conference looks like this: Bucks, Raptors, Pacers, 76ers, Celtics, respectively.
- The Western Conference looks like this: Nuggets, Warriors, Thunder, Clippers, Rockets, respectively.
- Joel Embiid missed his matchup with the Blazers with a sore knee.
- J.J. Barea has stepped up during Luka Doncic’s absence from the Mavericks.
- Small forward Lakers Kentavious Caldwell-Pope scored 26 off the bench.
- Lakers shooting guard Sviatoslav Mykhailiuk had a career high Saturday in the G-League, dropping 47 points. He was later praised by LeBron James on Twitter.
- James Harden and Kevin Durant are the offensive leaders right now. Anyone else, including headliners like Anthony Davis, Steph Curry, and LeBron James, rank after those two.
- Andre Drummond and DeAndre Jordan are the top defensive leaders right now. Joel Embiid, Anthony Davis, and Hassan Whiteside, perhaps in that order, rank after.
- It’s important to note that Anthony Davis has 28.5 points per game and 13 rebounds per game, making him the biggest dual offensive/defensive threat. He’s also pretty good at blocks. He most likely will not stay with the Pelicans, but trade rumors are all speculation.
- Marcus Smart is trash and does not deserve support from the Celtics fan base. He is an angry, violent man. Stop glorifying him!
Thank you everyone for your continued support. I look forward to talking sports with you in 2019!
Image via Daily Express.